Thursday, September 18, 2014

I MADE IT!!


Hi Mom and Dad!
 
Its Elder Legerski!! I have my name tag now so I am all official. The flight over here stunk. On the plane ride to Denver it wasn't too bad. But then after that it got very boring. Sitting all alone in an airport was not fun at all. But luckily the time passed very fast and I was on the plane to London. Now talk about a crappy flight! It was so long and the guy behind me kept kicking the back of my chair so I couldn't sleep very well. But they gave me quite a bit of food (even though it was pretty crappy). I already miss Mc Donalds and Cafe Rio quite a bit.
 
After I got off the plane in London, I found my next gate pretty easily. Sorry I did not call, I only had about 40 minutes in between flights and I only had about 5 minutes of downtime while waiting for my plane. There I met up with several missionaries. They were nice and we hung out and talked. There were a few of us that were going to the MTC, but most of them were on their way to Ghana. 
 
I met Elder Larson there who is my companion. He is very nice and we get along well so that's all good. I sat next to him on the flight to accra and it was only he and I in a row of 3 so we had plenty of room. That flight was long as well. As you can tell, I'm already sick of flying. Even though it was 6 hours instead of 9, it seemed to be way longer.
 
When I got to Accra, the first thing we saw was a station like the one off of "I Am Legend" that I presume scanned for ebola, with guys in uniforms. It is so hot and humid here, I think I'll lose weight no problem. There are only 6 white guys in the whole MTC so you can say we stick out a bit. There are 6 people to a room. Last night I had my panic moment and I wanted to quit and go home right then, but I know that will pass. Downtime stinks because my mind wanders, but I can't wait to get to work. I'll be in the MTC for 6 weeks, so hopefully they fly by so I can start serving. I have my (malaria) pills so I'll be okay. Well, I gotta go so I'll email you as soon as I can. I can't wait! I love you all so much!
 
Elder Legerski
 
 
First selfie as Elder Legerski:)

No comments:

Post a Comment