Monday, December 29, 2014

'Tis the Season:)

Hello Everyone!!!

I hope you all had a great Christmas holiday and you are enjoying family, snow, and lots of new presents from Santa. As you know, this past week encompassed Christmas, so I had the chance to Skype with my family!! But to begin, I'll start from the beginning. We woke up at 6:25am (just a tad early) and I went into Elder Larson and Rakaotos room and yelled "Merry Christmas!!" But Elder Larson is a bum, looked at his watch and mumbled "attend un peu" (wait a little bit).  I, of course, just proceeded to go into the living room, still saying "Merry Christmas!" We did a little secret Santa for our apartment, so I started the day off right with some sparkling cider and then I got the great gift from Elder Larson of rivers (a really yummy soy drink) and cookies. I gave him a scripture case, a watch, and gold bond. Overall, it was a very great experience and I can't wait to do it again. Then we all got ready for Christmas day and we were off for Akwa.

When we finally got there, we had stockings from the Colemans which had oreos!! I haven’t eaten any but I'm sure they will be delicious. Then we had breakfast with everyone and Elder Larson and I had a nice game of chess while the 2 African Elders called their families. Then we had a really good lunch of chili and some French dessert. After that, we watched the Christmas devotional and it turned into a little bit of a snooze fest and Elder Colinris, my zone leader, and I both fell asleep.

Elder Larson and Elder Legerski

Elder West and Elder Legerski
 
Then it was Skype time! After some complications, we got it all working and I was able to talk with my family for a little over an hour. It was so nice to be able to talk with them. I can't describe the feeling you get when you finally see your families' faces over the screen. We talked about this and that and it was good to just be able to talk with them. Towards the end, my mom asked if I would bear my testimony in French and I wanted to wait till my homecoming, but you can't say no to mom, so I went ahead and bore it. I think it went really well but I dunno if anyone understood me! Then it was time to say goodbye and go back to work and it was very bittersweet. But there was pizza waiting for me after I got done and no one can be mad while eating pizza. After it was all said and done, we acted out the nativity scene and then headed back home. All in all, it was such an amazing holiday.

The best Christmas present:)
Then came the day after Christmas. Well, I thought I was prepared but it kinda stunk!! You just have to get your body and mind back into a rhythm so it was really hard. We had some annana planet to give ourselves a boost because we are trying not to drink pop anymore.  But through God all things are possible and by now I am okay and I'm back into the work.

The other highlight of my week was getting to teach in church. Elder Larson and I tag teamed it and we had to teach The Final Judgement and it was hard! The whole thing was in French and it was all very confusing but we managed to get through it and continue on with our day.

I'm sorry this email was so short but everything led to Christmas and it seemed to be over in a flash. I'm so thankful I got to talk with my family and to see them. I know that the work I am doing is amazing and I just always want to be out there teaching; I hate being in the apartment:( But until next time, someone go drink some sparkling cider for me!!

Love,
Elder Legerski

 

No comments:

Post a Comment