Monday, January 19, 2015

4 months already?!


Hello everyone!
How are you!? I'm doing really good here in Africa and like always, the sun is shining and it’s a new day for us to become even better people.

To start off, I would just like to thank my Mom and my family for the wonderful Christmas package that I finally received! I got it on Thursday afternoon and I was not home at the time but I could not wait to open it! Finally, after the whole apartment of Elders got home, we finally sat down to open it and it was so much fun! Christmas is great but when you are on a mission, it's even better. And then when you get a package a month later, it makes it just that much better!! I wanted to thank my family so much for the gifts that I received. I also wanted to share some funny stories from our opening of it. The best was when I opened the cookie butter. As soon as I opened it up I recognized what it was and started jumping up and down screaming "cookie butter!!!" like a little 4 year old child. Now Elder Larson knows what it is and how delicious it is, so of course he joined in on the excitement. Now Elder West and Rakato did not know what it was, so of course we shared the goodness with them. Also, I would like to thank Leanna for the package that I recived from her. We are all Star Wars nerds in our apartment so let's say we all loved them so much!! And I look forward to wearing them in the sector.
 
Elder Legerski (aka Luke Skywalker)

Overall, this past week was a very busy and challenging one. We have so many amis and no good time to go and see them all! Often times it is very hard to fit our studies in and meet with everyone in a week. Many times when people say "oh, when will you come meet with me!?" We say "umm... well we can on Thursday because our Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are already full. Two days stood out in particular to me this week. The first day was the 16th and we had to begin the day at 11. The first rendez-vous was good but then we started walking. Many times we have anywhere from a 30 minute to 50 minute walk in between meetings with people so it was very hard. During our third rendez-vous of the day I was having a very hard time. I was struggling to speak and we had been walking a lot and I was really hungry and thirsty...overall it was a really hard day:( And during that meeting a bird pooped on my bag so it was a day when I just wanted to go back to the apartment and lay down and go to sleep. But I said a little prayer in my head and just asked for the strength to get through this day and get to the next. Then I continued on with my day. Finally at 5 we were supposed to be done but we decided to swing by a members home and talk with them and some other members that were there. Well, we decided to just have a little lesson. That little lesson turned into a big long one and it was great. One question that was asked was how can we feel the power of the scriptures in our daily lives? Elder West turned to me and said "do you want to answer this?" And I said "yes". Then I went on to explain it, but as I did, I was really thinking to myself. I talked about the feelings that we get when the Spirit is manifested to us. I talked about the peace that I feel when I read the scriptures. Right now, I read my scriptures only in French and sometimes it is very hard to read and I don’t know what they are saying. But I still feel so much peace when I do and I feel like I am doing the right thing. The scriptures are amazing things and they provide comfort for all of us and if we will read them every day, we will have light brought into our lives; that is a promise that will never fail.  The second day that was really cool was the day that I got my packages. We were teaching an anglaphone and for some reason I was having a really hard time teaching! I was having to convert from French to English in my head and several times I had to stop myself from saying French words! Then we turned around after it was done and started talking to a Francaphone which was the coolest thing in the world.

It's Official!!

This week has been a great one and it was my last week of training!! So as of now, I am no longer a trainee but a full fledge missionary! Also, today marks my 4 month mark on my mission which is crazy!! It seems like I haven't been out for very long and that means I just have that much less time to be here, which stinks. But we have the chance to go play basketball today instead of soccer so we are all very excited!! That is all for this week; I love everyone so much and wish them a happy week. I would also like to tell my little brother Koltin congrats on making the Shrine Bowl!! Now it’s a family tradition I guess. My food for you to try this week is to see if America has pineapple pop because it is the best ever! I will write you all in a week!

Love,
Elder Legerski

 

No comments:

Post a Comment