Monday, February 16, 2015

My First Sick Day:(

Hello Family and Friends!
It is another new week and another chance to serve the Lord!!! This week was a really good one.
Just to clear up any misconceptions, my companion is now Elder Mwehu and he is from the DRC.
As for my mom, I'll make sure and answer all of the questions that you had and I'll do my best to
keep everyone filled in:)

This week brought  my first ever sick day in the mission field. I don’t know what brought it on, but both Elder West and I were sick so we stayed in the day. I don’t know how I lasted with doing nothing back home. All I wanted to do is go out to the sector and work but unfortunately I couldn’t. But yet,this week was still really good for teaching. Our mission rules have been changed so we have to get up at 5:30 in the morning so that we can have 8 hours straight in the field and it
worked because Elder Mwehu and I taught a total of 25 lessons this week! 

Out in the sector it was a lot better than last week. I know some of the amis now and I know what I can help them with and I know where I am at.  In our apartment it is Elder Mwehu and I and
then Elder Kabaselle and Elder West (Elder West was my trainer).  We are in an apartment with 3 bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, and 2 bathrooms.  We only have 1 air conditioner in the apartment which stunk at first but it helped in the long run because I am more used to the heat now!We are in downtown Akwa which is in Douala and I like it a lot. You have a good mix of village and city life in our sector.  I wish that I could tell you all about our amis and our lessons but I think that would take quite some time so I'll just hit on some of the highlights of my week.

The first is Soloman; he is about 20 yrs old and he lives with some members and we started to teach him and he is really,really interested in our message. We have taught him about the restoration of the gospel and we have started to read the Book of Mormon with him. It is really awesome to see him start to understand the things that we read with him. He really,really wants to come to church and he even has a couple times before and he really likes it. But he got a job and jobs are very hard to come by here to;we talked to him about talking to his boss because he recognizes the need to go to church which is amazing.

Here I wanted to segway into my testimony of the Book of Mormon.  Many times before in my life I have prayed to know if this book is true. And many times I felt like I haven't received a response.  I think that man people are like that, especially if you grow up in the church. You are told what you should feel and yet you never feel it. Well that has been on my mind a lot lately but when I was thinking about it the other day it clicked in my head. The Book of Mormon is my way to know what I need to do in this life. Every time I read a passage and it has a question in it I ask myself that same question. I ask if the things that I am doing with my life are in accordance with the things in the Book of Mormon. I know without a doubt that the Book of Mormon is true. I can feel it with my entire soul. All it takes is for us to search out how it touches US! I know that if you do then you will find that response for yourself.

I hope that everyone has a good week and someone go eat some Olive Garden breadsticks for me if you have the chance!

Love
Elder Legerski

No comments:

Post a Comment