Monday, August 3, 2015

A Day in the Life

   Hey everyone at home...how are you! Sorry for my spelling in advance today; I'm using a French keyboard and it's a little hard to type on! But things will work out just fine:)
 
    Before I start I just wanna thank everyone who wrote me this week. I really enjoyed all of your emails! Man was this week a good one!  I don't know if I forgot to mention this but I am now working with Elder Museku and he is from the DRC and only has 2 transfers left!

   Man was this week a busy week: to start with they re-did our branch presidency so we have all
new people! Our new branch President is Alain and he is a return missionary and he will be really
awesome for us! And the new First Counselor is also a return missionary so we are really excited
to start working together!

   But this week was a really busy one for us here in Pointe Noire and I thought that for this
week, I'll give you a taste of what missionary work is like here in the Congo.  First off, we get up
at 5:30am and pray together. Then we work out for a little bit and sometimes when I really don't feel like working out,  I read or listen to some hymns or play the piano a bit.  Then we cook and shower and get ready for the day.  At 7am we start personal study (where we study scriptures by ourselves) and then at 8am we do comp study (where we study with our companion) and we call people and plan our day out.  At 9am we study French or English until 10am and at 10am we cook lunch.  Near 10:45am we get ready to go and leave for the sector.  From 11am to 7 at night, we are teaching people all day long and it's a little tiring! Then we come back at 7pm and plan for the next day until 7:30pm.  Then we cook dinner and finally we go to bed at 9:30pm, so we are always busy and always tired!
  
   But that's my email for this week...I'm sorry it's a little short. 

I love you all so much!
Elder Legerski

No comments:

Post a Comment