Monday, May 18, 2015

New American Missionaries for the Congo

   Hello family...how are you all doing!? Well, as for us we are all doing super well in the Congo and everything is going just great here! And to start off with some exciting news, we will be receiving 8 new missionaries in November!! This is really exciting for us because Elder Larson and I were the last Americans to come into the mission so we have been the babies in the mission for a long, long time! So I can't wait to see them and have them not be able to speak French and just seem like the cool older missionary who has been out for a long time!!

   But this week was a really awesome one. For one we had a baptism for our team! His name is Presley and he is just an awesome kid! Already he wants to go on a mission so hopefully by the time that I am home, he will be on a mission!! The service was really great and he seemed really happy. He was a little nervous to receive the Holy Ghost, but all went well. The second experience that was super awesome was meeting with the older brother of Presley, whose name is DeChris. He is just super awesome. We have been teaching him for awhile and I really like him a lot!! Every time that we go and see him, he talks about how much he loves the chastity brochure and how much it has touched him and made him a better person. This week he told us 2 experiences that touched him this week. One was the General Conference that he watched. He said that as he watched the apostles and the prophet speak that he was really touched and that he had been having some doubts. But as he watched, all of the doubts that he had were erased and that he knew the church was true. Another happened this last Sunday, when he came and he talked about how he was really touched and how he is usually not like this. How since he has started meeting with us, he has felt a desire to change his ways and come unto Christ. It was a really awesome experience to talk with him and he should be getting baptized the 6th of June!! This just shows why all missionaries ask their investigators to come to church or read or do things like that. We can only do so much and usually a response that the church is true does not come during a lesson. It comes in praying, reading and assisting at church. You have to have the will to receive it!!

   The other opportunity that we had this week was to have a zone conference with our mission president! I just love when we can talk with him! We talked a lot about the things that we need to change and what we need to do. The missionaries who are going home (Elder Mandefu, Beutler, and the Bailey’s) all bore their testimonies and it was awesome! It's awesome to see how far they have come and I'm so glad that I have a lot more time on my mission so that I can grow and become what the Lord wants me to become!! Speaking of the Baileys, we have need of senior missionaries so all you older people who can, please prepare and tell your friends to prepare because senior couples are a life saver for us!!

Pointe Noire Zone Conference
Elder Kabongo looks very tall next to
Elders Larson and Legerski...
But when they stand up Elder Kabonho's true size is shown.
 He a has great big heart though!

Elder Kabeya, Elder Mandefu Elder Mbikayi and Elder Legerski.

   Mais en mon etude de francais, j'ai commence d'ecrire un peu donc je vais partager mon temoinage en francais sur le livre de mormon. (But in my study of French, I have begun to write a little, so I will share my testimony in French about the Book of Mormon)  Je sais que ce livre est vrai et je sais que nous devons le lire chaque jour. (I know that this book is true and I know that we should read it each day)  Et si nous faisons ceci Le Seigneur nous a donner une promesse, que nous saurons toute chose que nous devons faire. (And if we will do this, Heavenly Father gives us a promise, that we will know everything that we should do)  Je sais que ce livre va nous aider dapprocher a Dieu afin que nous puissions avoir la vie eternelle. (I know that this book will help us draw nearer to God so that we can have eternal life)  Et en lisant ce livre nous allons recevoir plusieurs des benidictions. (And in reading this book, we will receive many blessings)

   It's not great but the writing will come ! Thanks to all of the people who wrote me...I really appreciate it a lot!! And for news, I learned how to make yougurt and it's really good! So my future wife better watch out when I come back home! I love you all so much! Go eat some sweet and sour pork for me!!

Love,
Elder Legerski

No comments:

Post a Comment