Monday, May 25, 2015

A Tale of Two Baptisms: Dechris and Uriel

   Hello everyone how are you!? Well, the sun is still shining bright and I'm surrounded by beautiful black faces everywhere so I guess I'm still here in Africa! I'm glad you're getting a lot of rain because we aren’t! The rainy season came to an end about 9 weeks ago. And it's probably a good thing too because we can't visit a lot of our amis when it rains because it floods their neighborhood! This week was a really awesome one! I got to go on splits two times with Elder Kabeya and with Elder Larson! (as you can tell I was really thrilled to be able to work with Elder Larson once more!). And I also hit my 8 month mark this past week! It's really been something crazy and it seems like I have too much time left, but with how fast the last 8 months have gone, it's gonna go by really, really fast!

   This week has really been a good one for me, I have learned a lot and it's helped me a lot to be able to grow. First was a district lesson that Elder Beutler, our zone leader, gave a lesson on the Book Of Mormon. He talked about how he came to know that it is true and the things that the Book of Mormon gives to us. This book is soooo important for us! That’s why each time we teach people, we use the Book of Mormon at every single opportunity that we can. That’s why we assign our amis to read this book, because between this book and the first vision of Joseph Smith, we can know the truth of all things. I myself have read this book and I have prayed to know if it was true. And you know I didn’t have anything miraculous happen to me! But as I thought about it and as I read it, something inside my heart told me that it was true. And as I read it, I realized that there is no way in the world that a man could have written this book. If any of you want to improve your life and become happier, I challenge you to read this book and to ask God if it is true! And if so, follow the things that this book says. I promise you that you will see a difference in your life!

   Next are two friends: Dechris and Uriel; they have both decided to be baptized and they will both be baptized on the 6th together. They are just really awesome and they have both told us how when they have applied the things that we have taught them, that they really see a difference in their lives and they see how they are becoming a better person. We were talking with Dechris about how we all need to be missionaries in this church! He has said from day one that he really wants to be like us and to share the gospel! He is a little old but I really hope he can serve a mission! But we asked him to invite his friends to his baptism and he said he would invite all of them so that's really awesome!

   Sometimes on the mission its hard to see the good in some things. Its so easy to just focus on the things that you don’t like, when it would be better if you looked at all the good things you had. I found that I have been doing this. So I have started  trying to see the good in everything and its really made me happier. As we go through this life we only have a limited time. I know that I wanna go through it happy and not like the Grinch.

   Well, that’s all for this week folks! I'll be coming back at you next week! Thanks to all who emailed me I really appreciated it! Someone go eat some white Wonder bread for me!!

Love,
Elder Legerski

Ps. I'm so good at making yogurt now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment