Monday, July 6, 2015

Au Revoir to the Bailys...Bonjour to the Bills!

Dear friends and family,
 
   How are you all doing!? I'm doing really good here in the Congo! It's starting to get a little warm again, hot enough so that I sweat when I am in the sector and I'm not sure if I like it! But the work here is really going well!

   This week I got the chance to see the assistants.  That was really awesome because my trainer,Elder West, is one of the AP's so I got to go out and work with him and it was a really awesome experience! It's really cool how much we change in just a short time here on the mission! He is a great missionary but I see that he has grown even so much more and it's awesome to see! We had a lot of time to talk about the mission and the work and it was all really good!

   Also, this week the Bailys are leaving...at 9 tonight in fact! They have a blog but I don’t know the name but I'm sure that if you looked that you could find it and they have all of their info from the last 18 months here! But the Bills are here now and they are really awesome! Elder Bills served in France and he speaks super good French! I'm really excited to be neighbors with them for the next little bit! And also, we got the water problem fixed and we now have water! It makes me sure miss the US and how the water or power never goes out!

   This week was a really good one with the amis. Alex, who is going to be baptized, is doing really well. For the first few weeks that I was here, she did not understand the book of Mormon at all! But this last Sunday, we went and visited her she told us a lot of the story of Nephi and his brothers when they went back to Jerusalem and it was really amazing! It's just proof of how, if we want to understand and we let God help us, that He can do miracles! Also, Jean and his wife are doing really well and the baptism on the 18th is looking very promising!

   This week was also one filled with lots of baptisms! This weekend between the 4 sets of teams we had 7 baptisms! And I just want to give a shout out to my good buddy Elder Larson who just had his first baptism and he was even the Jean Baptist! It was such a cool moment seeing all of the people enter into the water. I was asked to give a talk on the restoration and as I was thinking about that, I was thinking about how I was seeing this power that was restored through Joseph Smith being used. It was super surreal and it was just an awesome spiritual moment.

   But that’s all for this week folks! To my mom and dad, sorry about the lack of photos...the computers aren’t really trustworthy here and an Elder in the past put his card in and the computer erased everything so I'm just being a little cautious! Someone go eat a stuffed burger for me! I tried to make hamburgers for the 4th but I totally failed! I love you all so much and I thank all who emailed me! Have a wonderful week filled with the spirit!

Love,
Elder Legerski

No comments:

Post a Comment