Monday, October 12, 2015

Between the toes sandals...I'm finally growing up!

Hello all of the family and all friends!
   This week has been super awesome for us! We were able to see a lot of amis and to meet new people and create new memories!! I don’t have a lot to say this week so I hope you will all be satisfied!! But I want to say thank you to all of the people that sent me emails this week; I am so thankful that you take the time to write me and I hope that you have a very good week!
    One thing I do want to talk about is our meeting that we had with Sabina. Sabina is the wife of one of Mama Cecile and Papa Beri's sons (yeah, just one of their 10 children!!). She has been coming to church for a few weeks now and we finally went over to see her. Now the hard part is that she doesn’t speak much French. She understands a little when we talk, but for her to speak its really hard. That is really common here and it creates quite a few problems. I don’t know if I have said this before, but when you walk down the streets here you hardly ever hear French. It's mostly linglala or munikituba, so it's quite different. But I now understand basic things! Well, we have been teaching her about the  restoration and we needed a  translator, so we used Papa Beri. It was really neat to feel the Spirit as we spoke and then Papa Beri translated and Sabina answered. No matter what language you speak or how you speak it, if you teach with and by the Spirit, then everyone will be able to know that what you are saying is true. I look forward to teaching her some more and learning some more kiycongo!!

Elder Waite, Elder Kamba, Elder Legerski, Elder Bacera,
Elder Tschibanda, Elder Kabongo, and Elder Kazemb
 
     Also, I got to go on splits this week with Elder Kazemb and we had a really good day in their sector!! I got to go out to the Mpaka apartment and stayed with Kazemb, Kabongo and Dou. We had a good time eating fou fou together and talking about things.
    But other than that, I don’t have big things to say this week! I saw bats in the market, but President Monga said we aren’t allowed to eat them or else I would have bought one and had Elder Dou cook it up for me! And also, I bought sandals that go in-between my toes, Mom! I'm finally growing up!
    But that’s all for this week. I love you all and for a challenge this week, go and eat a blizzard from Dairy Queen!!

Love,
Elder Legerski

No comments:

Post a Comment