Monday, October 26, 2015

The Joys of Teaching La Famille d'Albertine

Hello everyone...how are you!?

This week was a good one, but I think that is was the most boring week out of all the weeks that I have spent on my mission! Because of Congo's President, and the things he is doing, it has been causing some problems here. Last Saturday we had to come back to the apartment early because of shots that were fired, but they were not near us. And this last Tuesday, there was a march, so on Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday, we were shut in the apartment all day long. And as a missionary, you have nothing to do in the apartment...I almost died of boredom, but Elder Bills gave us General Conference so we were able to watch that! But all the trouble is gone now (to Mom and Grandma, we were never in any danger.  We live in a safe neighborhood and all is well now.) But thanks to all that emailed me this week; I really appreciate it! I love you all and I hope that you have a good week!


Elder Legerski, Leticia, Jean,  and Elder Museku
6-10-15
But this week we really had to focus on the amis that had baptismal dates so that they may be baptized. And mainly it was the family of Albertine. In their family, there is the mom, Albertine, and then 4 kids: 2 boys and 2 girls...Chadrack, Sarah, Jhovitha, and Price and they are 20, 15, 13, and 10 years old! This week we talked about the Plan of Salvation and it went really well! They really liked learning about where we come from and where we are going. They were lessons just full of the spirit and they really love to learn with us and read the Book of Mormon. They are really excited to go to church this coming Sunday and also be baptized on the 5th. It's a really cool experience getting to teach them. It's only the second time that I have taught a couple, but it is the first time that I have taught a whole family and I love it. Those that did missions where you taught families, you are really lucky and those that are on missions, now take advantage of that! 

During my personal study, I discovered something that was really cool. I was reading in Alma about the people at Zarahemla who were keeping the commandments and were being persecuted by those that didn't and how the Lord lifted them out of these afflictions. It was because they humbled themselves and they put their trust in the Lord and they prayed with all their might. And because of that, the Lord blessed them more than their enemies.  I really liked this lesson because they are all things that we can apply when we have hard times.  And it's the same way with us, if we will do these things, the Lord will bless us. I am so thankful for Him and the chance that I have to testify of this Gospel unto the children of men. 

But that's all for this week! I love you all so much and I hope you have a good week.  I will see you guys next week! And for a challenge, go eat some Mc Donald's french fries!!

Elder Legerski

No comments:

Post a Comment