Monday, October 5, 2015

Grandpa Legerski and the GIGANTIC spider

Hey family and friends how are you doing!?
   This week was a really good week for us here in the Congo at Aeroport! I can't believe I'm still here... I feel like a grandpa!! But I know that God wants me to be here and it means that I have work to do.  I just wanted to say thank you to all of the people who wrote me and I hope that you all have a great week this coming week! I love you all!!
    The best part of this week was the baptism of Jules! He has just been waiting to turn 18 so he could be baptized and his birthday was last Sunday, so finally the date of his baptism came! It was a really good service! He was there really early and he was talking to us about how he was really nervous, but all went well!! He chose me to baptize him and it went really well and this time it only took me one time! But he was really calm and you could really feel the spirit. I have to say that when you perform ordinances, you are so tired after wards! The body just can't keep up with spiritual things! The past 2 Saturdays I have fallen asleep in English class!! Afterwards,  Jules bore his testimony about how he has a kind of broken family life, but when he met us and he came to the church, he began to feel a joy and the members of the church rallied about him. I swear he is at the church every day! The second councilor who gave the welcoming word said he was surprised to see Jules being baptized, because he thought that he was a member already because he is always at the church...you really can see how he loves the church! Now he really wants to start working with us so that will be really awesome! It's really cool to see how the spirit has changed him and I can't wait to see the person he becomes in the church.

Elder Legerski, Jean, Cecile (who were baptized last month),
Elder Tshibanda
    Also, we have some new people that we are teaching; one is Beljuda, who is the niece of our branch president and she is really cool! She is only 12 years old, but she can't read. But she really loves meeting with us and when she does, she is always with her cousin, who is Claude, and she helps us out. But every time that we leave her homework in the Book of Mormon, she reads it with Claude and she is able to explain to us very well what she learned!
    Also, we have been teaching Judelle for awhile, but we have started teaching her husband as well, because they are not married and we want them to work together. And yesterday, we talked about the restoration and it was really awesome. And as we ended the lesson, he said that he was coming to church, which was the commitment we were going to give him. And he also said that during the week, he thinks a lot about our meetings and even before we came he was waiting for us.  He was really excited and he didn’t know what it was. But I realized that it’s the light of Christ acting in him and because he is using it wisely, it is growing in him and he is recognizing it.
    And to end this week, I had the chance to go on splits with Elder Bacera and it went really well and I learned a lot of things! In a month and a half, half of our entire mission will have less than 4 months left to serve, so it looks like I'll never serve with someone older than me! But its good to see the mission grow.

Elder Waite, Elder Kamba, Elder Legerski,
Elder Bacera, Elder Tschibanda, Elder Kabongo, Elder Kazemb
  To end the letter, Elder Tshibanda and I were teaching and I was just thinking how the houses here aren’t that bad and I could live here when a GIGANTIC spider, probably 3 inches in diameter, crawled out from under the bed. Elder Tshibanda and I froze and watched it  crawl behind our ami and then onto the foot of her sister and they didn’t even notice. Yeah, I about pooped my pants and I was really glad to leave that house. 
Elder Waite, Elder Legerski, and Elder Kabongo at the beach a few weeks ago.
 
    But once again, I love you all and I can't wait to hear from you next week! For a challenge, go eat a Subway sandwich!

Love,
Elder Legerski!

No comments:

Post a Comment