Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Pure and Simple

Hello family and friends...how are you!?

   So that you can get a feel for Africa, I'm just sitting in a cyber (café) overlooking a huge open market...yeah, this mission is awesome!  I wanted to thank all of you who wrote me this week, it was really appreciated and I thank you all so much! This week was quite a busy one for us here in Guynemer and I have a lot to say so I'll do my  best to fit it all in!!

  To start off, we had a zone training, which I got to lead because I was zone leader, and it's just a meeting to help train missionaries so that we can all teach better and become better. I got together with the district leaders and talked with them with the assistant about what the weak points in our zone were and then on Friday, we had training and it was a lot of fun and we had a lot of practice and it helped out so much! I have come to love doing role plays because they are so important and it is one of the best ways to learn together! We all make mistakes, but in doing role plays in a controlled environment, we can all correct each other so we can become better!

  Then on Saturday, I got to go on splits with Elder Kabeya and it was a lot of fun! It's always great to go into different sectors and see their amis and their progression. Its been almost 7 months since the last time I worked with him in Pointe Noire back in my first transfer there, and it's amazing how much he has grown and how much he has improved!!

   And Sunday, we attended the new church built building for the first time! And it was such an awesome Sunday! We had 5 amis who came and 1 that came late with 9 new people that were invited by members!!  We got their numbers and we hope that we can meet with them all this week! And also, we had 3 inactives at church so it was pretty much a hayday! I can really see how the ward is starting to turn around little by little and also how our sector has gotten a lot better since we arrived here. If we are willing to just go out and work, then the Lord will work miracles!

   And finally, last Tuesday the assistant told us that Elder Hamilton from the 70 would visit us here in Brazza for the mission tour. Elder Ellis was supposed to come, but because of political reasons, he can't get the visa. But we were with Elder Hamilton all Monday (which is why I am writing on Tuesday) and it was really awesome! He talked with all the leaders about how we need to lead like Christ and really focus on being an example and showing the other missionaries how work should be done.

Brazzaville Missionary Conference
with Elder Hamilton
(with Elder Legerski smiling in the back:)
 
   And then he talked with us about the gospel of Jesus Christ and how really simple it is and that we need to do our best to be simple with the amis and to help them have eternal life, beginning with baptism. As I spend more and more time here, the more I realize that baptism is the beginning and it all leads to the temple.

   But that is all for this week folks! The transfers are Friday and I think I might be going somewhere so I should have some news for you next week!  Also wanted to give a shoutout to Elder Alexander, who will be going to Benin Cotonou...welcome to Africa my friend!
 
   I love you so much and I hope you have a good week! For a challenge go eat a mango!!

Elder Legerski

No comments:

Post a Comment