Monday, February 1, 2016

BORN TO ASSIST

BORN TO ASSIST!!!
   Before I explain why I said that, I would like to thank Elder Bacera for his wonderful and original thought to use this. As I got my transfer letter, I found out that I have been called as assistant to the President for the Mission Congo Brazzaville. I will now be working at the sector of Diata B and I will be working with Elder Mikanda. I'm a little nervous about this new calling, but I know that the Lord prepares those that he calls and that all will go well! Over half of the mission just finished training so things got really shaken up here in our mission!  But I would like to thank all of those you sent me emails this week...I thank you so much and I hope that you all had a good week and that this one will be even better!!

   I also wanted to give a quick shout out to Leanna Hoch for her 2 cards that finally came through after many months! One of the cards was an R2D2 Christmas card and the funny thing is that my family sent me the same card, just one year in advance! It looks like they both know me really well! But just wanted to tell Leanna thank you so much...it means a lot!

   As the new transfer comes, there are a lot of changes that are going to happen! The first of them all is that Elder West (my trainer) is finally going home in 2 days! I can't believe that time has gone by so fast! I still remember the first time we met when I just got out of the MTC!! Now almost 16 months later, he is going home!

   Second thing is that Elder Dou, my colleague right now that I just got training, will be training now! So now I have 2 children with 2 grand children! My missionary family keeps growing and growing! His companion is from the French Polynesia, an island chain in the Pacific Ocean governed by the French! He is the first one ever from there in our mission so we are glad to have him! This is a really diverse mission with, I think, people from 11 different countries!

   But as I am transferred, I had to say goodbye to the ward and to all of the amis that I teach. But the worst was saying goodbye to Joriane and Loubaki cause they are the 2 amis that really love the Gospel. When we met with Joriane for the last time last night, she came out with the 3 Liahonas (a church magazine) that she got at church and she was so happy to have them. You should have seen the smile on her face! It really made me appreciate having a living prophet and reading his words. I have recently been studing the Liahonas  https://www.lds.org/liahona?lang=eng  a lot in personal study and it shows me how simple the gospel is:  we just gotta live it!

   But thanks to all for this week folks! I hope you all have a great week full of spiritual experiences! I love you all so much! And for a challenge go drink some root beer for me!!

Love,
Elder Legerski

No comments:

Post a Comment