Monday, February 22, 2016

Every Member a Missionary

Dear family and friends,
   This week was a really weird week; it was either super hot or pretty cool so we had the best of both worlds! I just wanted to thank everyone for all that they do for me and thank everyone who sent me an email...I hope that your week was good and I hope that all of you will have another good week this week. This week was one packed with lots of good stuff and lots of experiences, so I'll just go on with the week and talk about all of them!

Zone Conference in Brazzaville
February 16, 2016
 
   So this Tuesday we had a zone conference, but it wasn't like a normal zone conference. There was a video conference that was put out by the church on missionary work that was shown the 20th of January, but because we are so behind, Salt Lake we had to wait for the dvds so that we could watch it. But it was really good and it showed us what we need to do as missionarys and it really helped me know what I need to do personally and as a companionship. But the thing that I liked the most was a short video that showed a member family doing missionary work, and that really hit me hard. I know that when I was at home, I was not a good missionary and I need to really work on that. Most people that discover the Gospel and are baptized are found by members. Members are so improtant in this work and I have really understood that as a missionary. So, I want to invite everyone to  share the Gospel with a friend or a neighbor. Just invite them to church or talk with them about his or her family and link it to a Gospel truth. The Holy Ghost will testify to this person that what you said is true and important. I promise that if you all do this, you will become happier than ever and that you will take part in a very important work. Now I'm gonna link this with an experience from Friday. We left the apartment at 11:30 with a member and we walked around from 11:30 to 6 at night and it was probably 96 degrees outside. 9 of our lessons fell through and as we closed with the member for the day, we told him that this is why members are important in this work. 
   But other than that, all is going well. We are having a baptism for Brother Marina this Saturday so that is really exciting. But that's all for this week! I love you you all so much! And for a challenge, all of you go eat a ghost pepper!
 
Have fun!
Elder Legerski

No comments:

Post a Comment