Monday, March 14, 2016

Hitting My 18 Month Mark

Dear family and friends how are you doing!?
   Everything is going really well here in the Congo! This week was a week that was full of mission stuff, but not too much missionary work! But despite all of that, it was a really good week and a really fun one as well! And as always, I just wanted to thank everyone who wrote me this week and just wanted to wish you all a good week!
    But this week was a week of people that left and people that came! But I will start with the ones who are leaving. Well, the Nelsons are finally leaving! The Nelsons are our office couple here in Brazzaville and they are done after 18 months here in the Congo! It's so sad to see them go home but I know that their family is sure going to be happy to see them! It was hard to say goodbye, but I know that we are going to stay in contact! Because we are losing the Nelsons, the Bills are coming back down from Pointe Noire to Brazzaville! So we need more couples in our mission! Couples are SO important for us and we are in desperate need for them! So all of you who can go on couple missions, get ready and come on down to the Congo, and all of you who can't, tell all of your friends who can to come on down to the Congo so you can help us missionaries do the work of our Lord, Jesus Christ! I know he will bless you for your efforts!
    But as I said, we also had new missionaries come in this week! It's always a big thing when people come into the mission! And so most of this week was spent doing trainings and greeting them and all of that fun stuff! We had an Elder from Belgium who is really cool and speaks super good French!! We also had 2 canadians, Elder Fraser and Boutot; but one speaks English and the other super good French! And finally, we had Elder Best and Stephens from the US, but Elder Best went straight to Cameroon cause he didn't get a Congo visa; however, Elder Stephens came here. It's always fun to see English speakers learning French because it reminds me of when I was at that point in my mission and was in awe of all of the old missionaries who spoke French already! But it was really awesome to be with them and I know that they will all make really amazing missionaries.
    And last but not least, I went to a baptism at the old ward of Guynemer! It seems like the Lord really likes me to seed and not to sow! In the past few months, 9 of my old amis that I left in the sectors have been baptized:) But thats okay because its all for the same cause and it's the will of the Lord! But Loubaki and Nancy got baptized on Saturday and it was really awesome; the first baptism in almost 10 months in that ward, I think. But the ward was there and the room was full! Quite amazing to be there and really nice to see all the people that I left there!
    But that's all for this week folks! Nothing else to report! I hope that you all have an amazing week and that I will hear from you next week! This coming week is officially 18 months for me as a missionary! If I was a girl, I would be coming home:) But for this week's challenge, go and drink some cream soda for me!

I love you all so much!
Elder Legerski

No comments:

Post a Comment