Friday, March 25, 2016

Staying Safe During the Congo Elections

Dear family and friends how are you!?
   Well this week I don't really have a lot to say! I just wanted to say thank you to all my friends and family members who wrote me this week. And also I just wanted to wish my little brother Koltin a Happy Birthday! I love you lots, bro! But sorry that this email was so late we have had a little trouble in Brazzaville! (Due to the Presidential Elections in Zach's area, all telecommunications were blacked out and he and the other elders in his area were advised to stay in their apartment for a few days till things died down...http://www.ibtimes.com/republic-congo-election-2016-results-stalled-citizens-take-polls-amid-media-blackout-2339752)
   But to shoot to the point, we haven't been teaching since the 19th. Because of the elections things aren't super safe and we have really been staying safe and being really careful so we have just been in the apartment all week. But all is well and there is no danger now! But it's just been really boring and I'm really ready to go back out and work! 
   I love you all so much and I hope that you have a good week and I will talk to you in just a few short days! I can't wait to hear from you. And for a challenge, you guys have to go play War (the card game) and eat peanut butter cookies! 
 
Love, 
Elder Legerski

No comments:

Post a Comment